Sunday, February 27, 2011

Lonliness

     It's difficult dealing with loneliness especially as we get older. I just turned fifty four a few weeks ago. I'm a divorced mom with two children. They are nineteen and fourteen. We are a very small family. My parents are divorced. My dad is happily remarried now for twenty three years. They live part of the year in Florida and the other here on New York. My sister and mom recently moved to Florida to get away from the cold and old memories.

     What do I do to help me coupe? I read, pray, meditate and say positive affirmations. I believe we all have the power to change our lives. I have recently prayed and asked for friendships to come into my life. I believe I'm a loving person, someone who is worthy of positive relationships. Since I began this request I have observed positive changes in my life.

     Before I wrote this blog I meditated and asked for guidance. I recently read Louise Hay's book You Can Heal Your Life. I repeat one of the phrasesI read from her book over and over: and I have found that it helps when I'm feeling melancholy: "I love and approve of myself." When I catch myself thinking a negative thought I repeat this phrase.  I believe we all  have the power within us to be happy. I wish only happiness for you and may you have a wonderful day.

Many blessings to you all,
Linda
 

No comments:

Post a Comment